The National Digital Literacy Challenge is a response to optimize responsible use of time of children while at home.
This is a challenge that seeks to get more children reading over the period, whilst schools are still closed and to get them to use technological systems for reading to enhance their knowledge and use of vocabulary.
PURPOSE OF THE CHALLENGE
- To develop a reading habit in children.
- To help children develop their vocabulary.
- For learning and child development at low cost.
- To encourage the training of children in the use of information technology.
- A convenient means of managing student performance from a distance.
- To encourage personalized Goal Setting.
- For access to detailed reports on the performance of a child by teachers and parents.
As a response to the COVID-19 pandemic which has forced hundreds of thousands of students to stay at home, Beulah Blessed Ventures which is a local partner of Renaissance Learning Inc. is supporting the Ghana Library Authority, to offer 30 days free unlimited access to their award-winning learning program, Myon Application. Two hundred (200) students are expected to benefit from the free usage of the Myon Application during the period.
- Period of challenge is from 2nd October, 2020 to 30th November, 2020.
- The use of the Myon Digital System is for free over the stipulated period.
- Only Two hundred(200 children can join in this contest).
- Individual access will be provided by giving a user name and password.
- Access will be given on first come first served basis.
- If an individual license/ access is not used for two consecutive days prior to 30th November, 2020, it will be re-assigned to another student.
- The competition is open to children from age 6 to 13 years.
- Third-party entry is not permitted.
- Contestant must be a resident of Ghana.
Children from age 6 to 13 years.
ABOUT THE DIGITAL READING AND LEARNING SYSTEM (RENAISSANCE PRODUCTS)
myOn is an independent reading practice with 24/7 access to thousands of digital fiction and nonfiction books and personalized literacy experience for every student. myOn delivers digital practice with daily coverage of high-interest current events and news stories written specifically for kids. Students have the opportunity to access over 5,000 digital books online. myOn Application is a virtual library that is a cloud based system. The students can take a quiz and vocabulary test after reading a digital book.